Monday, July 11, 2011

Training Diary- Maximum Mass Program- Phase 1- Wk 2.

So this week is off and I'm doing fine, the training at night seems to be mitigating much of my back problems, even in seemingly unrelated ways. For example as I'm more awake, and alert I spend more time doing warm up sets, and generally getting myself into it, psychologically. I didn't do my lower body stretch and foam roll last night, but I did do some basic bodyweight movement stuff and some warm up sets, and I feel fine today. Obviously not a rule I should set, but things seems good.

Tried to make subtle increases in the weights this week, I'm not going crazy, simply trying to make small increases each week, make sure my body's strength levels are increasing. I've got about 4-5 more weeks with this first phase so there's no rush.

Nothing major to report at the moment otherwise.

Rob Max Mass 



Phase 1



Day 1 S R R Wk2
1A: Dip 3 8* 90  BW+22.5kg, BW+22.5kg, BW+22.5kg
1B: Inverted Row 3 8* 90  BW, BW, BW, BW
2A: DB Split Squat 3 8* 90  20kg, 22.5kg, 22.5kg
2B: Hammer Curl 3 10* 90  20kg, 20kg, 22.5kg










Day 2 S R R Wk2
1A: 1 Arm DB Row 3 6* 75  30kg, 32.5kg, 35kg
1B: DB Inc Press 3 6* 75  27.5kg, 30kg, 32.5kg
2A: CG Bench Prss 3 6* 60  60kg, 80kg, 90kg
2B: Rack Deadlift 3 6* 60  80kg, 100kg, 100kg










Day 3 S R R Wk2
1 Squat 4 4* 150  60kg, 80kg, 90kg, 100kg
2A: Chin Up 4 4* 60  BW, BW+15kg, BW+17.5kg, BW+17.5kg
2B: DB Militry Prs* 4 4* 60  20kg, 22.5kg, 22.5kg, 25kg
3 EZ Bar Curl 3 7* 90  47.5kg, 47.5kg, 47.5kg, 47.5kg





*+ 2 reps if possible


* Military Press Palms In


Diet's been ok this week, as far as junk food goes, Nandos on Wednesday night, as far as meat? Nandos and a steak on Tuesday night (Claire had left it defrosted in the fridge and Dion's a strict vegetarian, so it was left to me to eat it). Otherwise I've been pretty good, keeping relatively in line.

As of this writing I'm sitting at 18.5% BF and 95kgs, overall that's not super great (the numbers have suffered primarily due to my 4 weeks off and Canberra trip). I think it might be time to start leaning up after this program, give myself a heap of time to look good for summer (I'm going for anything below 14% BF). I want to try to get really lean this summer, try and get to a respectable bf% so next I can try and get big without getting too fat. It always sucks to get so small though :(

Breakfast: I've been having my smoothies for breakfast this week (refer to meal before shift), just to try and get more veggies and fruit in.

Morning Tea: When I get home from work I've been having vegetarian sausages (x2 with one slice of wholemeal bread) or x2 eggs (with x2 slices of wholemeal bread).
 
Meal before afternoon shift Smoothy- 1/2 cup of berries, 1 cup of mixed veggies, 1 banana, 1 pear/apple, 1/2 cup of walnuts/cashews, a touch of cinnamon, 750mL of water, 1 cup of yogurt, 150g cottage cheese, 3 broccoli stems, handful of cherry tomatoes, lentils, chick peas (or various other types of beans/lentils). I also forgot to note, this makes 2 shakes that I have over the course of the day, or I have the leftover one the next day.

Pre workout meal: I've been sipping an up n go about 20 mins before my training, which gives me just a little energy boost before training, as well as keeping my protein and glycogen levels primed.


Post workout shake: x2  up n go "energize"'s, 30g of protein powder. 500-700mL of water during training. 

Post workout meal: This week, as I've been eating my post workout meal at night, I had x2 "Quorn" lasagne's on Monday and Nandos chicken on Wednesday night.

Pre bed snack (sometimes): A vegetable smoothy, otherwise nothing. 

Supplements. 3-8 fish oil tabs with my afternoon smoothy, and I've started taking a multivitamin supplement once-twice a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment