Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Training Diary-Phase 3- Wk2.

Hey guys, well I know this post is coming late, I guess with the public holidays and such, I haven't been terribly keen to report on my antics. I only trained 3 of the 4 days this week. Due to the public holidays I'm only able to train twice this week, and with there being only one week left of this program after that (in which I was due to have a week off after it), I'm going to call this my week off now. I'm going to write up a new program (possibly "German Volume Training" or some kind of superset program again), and begin afresh. I'll do some regen and recovery this week so I'm fresh for next week.

Back's still a little tight, but no more than any stiffness you might feel from this kind of training and my complete disrespect for warm ups, recovery and regen work. It's certainly not sore anymore. The below weights basically stayed the same, went down a little to protect my back, but it wasn't affected (negatively) at all.

















This is me at about 99kgs, and I don't know what bodyfat percentage, I'll post it this week, I'm gonna hazard around 18-19%? Any takers on that? In 6 weeks I've gone up about 5-6kgs, so we can imagine a bit of it is fat.

Rob Superset



Phase 3


Day 1


Upper BodySRWk1
DB Bench/ 3 Point Row38 32.5kg/32.5kg, 40kg/45kg, 40kg/45kg.
DB Dec/Wd Gp Std Rw38 35kg/90kg, 35kg/95kg, 40kg/95kg.
Pushpress/ Pullup38 60kg/BWx8, 60/BWx8, 60kg/BWx8.
Cble Pushdwn/ BB Curl38 Had to start work.








Day 2


Lower Body/AbsSRWk1
BB Deadlift38 80kg, 100kg, 120kg.
BB Lng/BB Good Mrng38 60kg/60kg, 70kg/70kg, 70kg/70kg.
Leg Prss/Sgl Lg Vd Lg Crl38 200kg/1, 200kg/1, 220kg/1.
Rollout/Jacknife38 1,1,1.




Day 3


Upper BodySRWk1
BB Bench/Unsppt T-br Rw38 70kg/60kg, 90kg/70kg, 100kg/70kg.
DB Inc/ Machine Row38 35kg/14 (Plates), 40kg/14+10kg, 45kg/14+10kg.
Hang Clea/Press/ Wd Chin38  60kg/12.5kg, 60kg/15kg, 60kg/15kg.
Skullcrusher/ DB Curl38 -.





Day 4


Lower Body S R Wk1
Wide Back Squar 3 10  -
Lateral Lunge/SLDL 3 10 -
DB Step Up/Valsld Lg Crl 3 10 -
Bodysaw/ Hanging Leg Rs
10-

As per Chad Waterbury's article on "The Warrior Diet" I've added some pure vegetable smoothies to my diet, during the week n a bit off I'm having now,  I'm consuming them at any point I choose during the day, but when I get back into my routine I'll be having one with breakfast and one with dinner perhaps, I highly recommend them (as I imagine most of you are not having enough serves of vegetables). I'll also be adding photos of them to my smoothies blog.

Breakfast: 1 cup of oats with 1 scoop protein powder, Hilo milk, 1/2 teaspoon of sugar. 700mL of water. Vegetable smoothy- 1/3 of a cucumber, handful of alfalfa, a carrot, handfuls of beans, peas, corn, spinach, a few sticks of brocolli.

Post workout shake: x2  up n go "energize"'s, 30g of protein powder. 500-700mL of water during training.

Post workout meal: Nachos.
 
Meal before afternoon shift:  Smoothy- 1/2 cup of berries, 1 cup of mixed veggies, 1 banana, 1 pear/apple, 1/2 cup of walnuts/cashews, a touch of cinnamon, 750mL of water, 1 cup of yogurt, 150g cottage cheese, 3 broccoli stems, handful of cherry tomatoes, lentils, chick peas (or various other types of beans/lentils). I also forgot to note, this makes 2 shakes that I have over the course of the day, or I have the leftover one the next day.

Dinner: Various egg options, usually 2 eggs on wholemeal toast. The second vegetable smoothy.

Supplements. 3-4 fish oil tabs with my afternoon smoothy, and I've started taking a multivitamin supplement once-twice a day.

My creatine hasn't come in the mail, but it should be here for when I start my new program.

No comments:

Post a Comment